CONSULTANT DETAILS follow these publications
Medical topics of particular interest to patients and doctors in primary care (7 Papers)
- Persistent crying in babies. BMJ; 2004;328:330 – Gatrad AR, Sheikh A.
- A Baby with an abnormal shaped head. BMJ 2014 348:f7609 – Gatrad A, Solanki AG, Sheikh.
- Gatrad AR, Sheikh A. blood stained nappy. BMJ 2012; 344:e3496.p45
- Limping Child – Gatrad AR, Muhammad BJ, Sheikh A (submitted to the BMJ – 2014)
- Consanguinity and complex cardiac anomalies with situs ambiguous. Arch Dis Child 1984;59: 242-245. Gatrad AR, Read, Watson.
- Pre-school weights of European and five subgroups of Asians in Britain. Arch Dis Child. 1994;71:207-210. Gatrad et al.
- Comparison of birth weight of UK European and S Asian Infants – a 20 year follow on study . Journal of Neonatology vol 26 No4 Oct-Dec2012 P1-4 Sinha G, Gatrad A R et al.
International Papers and Journals acknowledging Prof Gatrad’s work, Locally, Nationally and internationally (5 papers)
- Profile of A R Gatrad by Peter Cross. Keeping up the tradition. Profile BMJ Careers 14/2/04:68
- Equipment donation to developing countries. Forword by Prince Andrew. Anaesthesia 2007 62:90-95. Gatrad AR, Gatrad, Sabina, Gatrad Adam http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2044.2007.05309.x/full
- A cross-cultural paediatrician – 15 minutes with …Salman Kahan speaks to A R Gatrad. BMJ Careers 12/6/2010
- Cross cultural medical care in the UK. Student BMJ 2010 Vol18:27. Gatrad A.
- Our waste – their lifeline. BMJ Careers 2003:12. Gatrad AR, Sheikh A, Rostill J.
|Name||Professor A. Rashid Gatrad OBE|
|Speciality||General paediatrics and neonates|
|Clinical Interests||General. Heart murmurs, asthma, urinary
problems, headaches, abdominal pain
convulsions, growth, constipation,
malabsorption, reflux, eczema, bedwetting etc
|Memberships||Royal College of Paediatrics Past member of Ethics committee Royal College of paediatrics. Panel of examiners for postgraduate exams of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.Past president of the Midland Paediatric Society.|
|Academic background||MbChB(Leeds); PhD; FRCP;FRCPCH;|
|Qualifications and Training||PhD FRCP FRCPCH
MBChB(Leeds); LRCP MRCS; D.Obst.RCOG; DCH (Lond)
Dip.Hlth.Mgt(Keele) Cert Med Educ (Dundee)
Fellow of the Higher Academies (ILTM)
|Postgraduate education in Manchester. Rotated in
diabetes, gastroenterology, chest disease, growth, neurology, children with special needs, neonataology, dermatology. Covered infectious disease, oncology and nephrology. Worked in Malawi (Africa) for 18 months at a Catholic Mission in Lunzu. (Mlambe Hospital)
|Published 2 books and over 70 papers in
national and international journals.
|Lecture nationally and internationally. Hold
a National Clinical Excellence Award.
|Private Hospitals||Spires Little Aston. S Coldfield01213532444Nuffield Wolverhampton- 01902754177BMI Edgbaston Birmingham 01214522810West Midlands Hospital (Halesowen) – 01384560123|
|NHS Base||Manor Hospital Walsall, West Midlands|
|Clinic times||Please contact various hospitals for an appointment|
|Contact telephone number|